Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ken Spillman in Singapore March 2012

I am an acclaimed Australian author with around 30 books to my name -
and several new books appearing this year.

My purpose for writing to you is that I will be visiting Singapore and
Malaysia in March to conduct presentations and workshops in
international schools.  This follows a successful tour of schools in
five Indian cities last November. I have also conducted sessions in
international schools in Indonesia, Oman and China.

In recent years, after moving away from non-fiction writing, I have
developed a high profile as a writer of fiction for young adults and
children of primary and secondary school age.  My new 'Jake' series of
children's books for early readers is now appearing in around a dozen
countries and in several languages.  It is published in SEA and a
number of other Asian nations by Scholastic, and is proving very
popular. It also has its own website: www.jakeseries.com.

Another children's series, commissioned by Puffin, has been
successfully launched in India. Other books have been shortlisted for
a Wilderness Society Environment Award and a Young Readers Book Award,
while my most recent novel for teenagers won a Premier's Book Award.
My reputation as a writer for children is reflected in the fact that I
am chief judge of Singapore's award for children's literature, the
Hedwig Anuar Children's Book Award.

I am a lively and experienced presenter.  I have been a keynote
speaker at the Asian Children's Writers and Illustrators Conference
and the Society for Reading and Literacy's conference in Singapore.
In 2008, I appeared at the Mussoorie International Writers' Festival
and Bookaroo, the Delhi Children's Literature Festival.  I returned to
Bookaroo in 2010.  During 2010, I also spoke at the International
Conference on Children's Libraries in Delhi, the Asian Festival of
Children's Content, and the Beijing Bookworm Writers' Festival.

International schools typically utilize my services for creative
writing workshops (for older students), and readings and interactive
sessions (for younger students).  I am always keen to tailor sessions
to each school's needs and preferences.  My fee for full school day's
program is offered at USD$500.  I cover airfares and accommodation
myself.

Bookings to date cover the period 19-21 March (in Malaysia). Dates on
either side of that remain available. I will look forward to the
possibility of including your school in my schedule.

With kind regards,

Dr Ken Spillman
www.kenspillman.com



No comments:

Post a Comment